Thursday, May 12, 2011

Barn Door Crush

Lately I have been seeing barn doors being used inside the home.  I am loving this idea!  Not quite sure why I am so drawn to this, but if I had to guess it would have to be the fact that a large part of my life has been spent in barns (horseback riding is a very time consuming sport) or maybe it is just the overall functionality of it.  Barn doors can be useful when trying to open, divide or even hide spaces within the home.  I am especially liking the thought of having a barn door divide a dining room and kitchen.  How perfect would it be if you could have a nice dinner in the dining room and hide away the messy kitchen?  Below are a few of my favorite uses of barn doors.  What do you think?  Cute... yay or neigh?

                            Family Room/Kitchen Divide                                Hidden Pantry 
Bedroom/Bathroom Divide                      Dining Room/Kitchen Divide

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...